Reflection and To-Do

Reflection

I think overall, my music video has confirmed to conventions of a k-pop music video, having been filmed in various location, with colourful costumes and hair. I also ensured that the actors in my music video are culturally diverse because I believe that since k-pop has become an internationally enjoyed genre, it was necessary to show the diversity of the listeners. The people who I included all enjoy the genre as I do and thus I think this makes the music video much more personal. I also attempted to include three actors not just because of compromisation, but because I had intended for Sua and Donia to be back up dancers, a very common convention seen in most music videos where a singular artist is performing. I, however, opted to incorporate all of my actors into the music video, thus slightly bending the convention of including back up dancers.

The third draft more my music video was produced with the intention of it being a final draft, however, upon review, I realised that there are about three instances where I could have produced something better, therefore, before I name it my final draft, I will produce a fourth draft which should be perfect to the best of my abilities. The few shots which I am unhappy about are the following:
Capture.PNG
The shot is on for a very very short amount of time, however, it is still visible and affects the continuity of the editing. It is very annoying, therefore, I will have to remove it on Monday.

The second shot which I am concerned about is a close up which is out of focus:
Capture.PNG
At this moment in time, I am unlikely to refilm, but I intend to replace it with an extreme close up of Sua which I filmed (and forgot to use). Another shot which is out of focus is one of Donia dancing (below), I will replace this with a shot I haven't used before as it is only a short clip and isn’t necessary to aid the narrative.
Capture.PNG

Furthermore, I created two digipacks (I do not intend to change these drastically, unless my audience research suggests otherwise) to demonstrate the differences between the two music cultures. I find that although the k-pop industry is very demanding, the majority of companies opting to nurture their artists artificially, the artists tend to give a lot more to their fans than Western artists; fan meetings, gifts, and personalised photos etc are a common way for artists to thank their fan base. For this reason, I produced a South Korean release Digipack (below).
Picture1.png
Including signed photocards, a photo book, two CDs and a poster; all valued items found in a typical k-pop album.

My Western Release digipack conforms better to the way Western artists release their albums. I opted for a six panel one as I felt that it provided more room to include images from various photoshoots (onset and pre-planned). I also opted for a booklet because I still wanted to reflect the way k-pop artists tend to connect with their audiences, the booklet being able to provide lyrics and some of the photos from the photoshoot I had for the photo book. Perhaps an aspect of it that I am worried about, is it looking darker compared to the initial colour scheme I chose, being pink and peach. If my audience research shows negative responses, I will change it as necessary.

Lastly, I was not concerned about producing any more drafts of the magazine advert because I experimented with the border and produced a design I was happy with. I also used this design for the album cover of my Western release digipack and the poster in the South Korean digipack. If my audience research yields negative responses, I will change it.

To Do:

  1. Replace unfocused close-up
  2. Replace unfocused Donia dancing
  3. Remove the short clip of pan up on Sua

No comments:

Post a Comment